To qualify to apply for certification through CACHE; students must submit the following items to NCSCACHE@gmail.com
Please do not submit your CACHE Certificate fee prior to completing these steps, and do not submit these materials to Nanny Stella, Inc.
- Submit Foundational Exam Certificate from Newborn Care Solutions dated AFTER 10/25/2018.
- Submit your Resume, and be sure that reflects at least 2 years of experience working with infants (under 12 months of age) within the last 5 years (the equivalent of 40 hours a week, for 50 weeks a year, or a minimum of 4,000 hours), 2 years total within the previous 5 years, with babies under 12 months of age (500 of these hours need to be with babies under 12 weeks of age). You can have a gap–that isn’t the important part).
Example of how your hours should be outlined in your resume:
Wilson Family, newborn Feb 2018-end of May 2018 (4 months, 688 hours)
Jones Family, newborn twins Dec 2017-start of Feb 2018 (2 months, 400 hours)
Smith Family, newborn and toddler June 2017-end of Nov 2017 (6 months, 1032 hours)
Madison Family, triplets, 6 weeks old Jan 2017-June 2017 (5 months, 2709 hours)
Total hours with a newborn(s) within the last 5 years: 4829
- At least 3 verifiable infant references* (can be submitted via the resume or separate Word document) with contact information.
- Copy of current CPR and First Aid Card.
- Proof of ongoing infant-specific education in the childcare field (for example, doula training, lactation training, sleep training course, etc..) Acceptable proof of ongoing education can be:
- Certificate of Completion
- NOT Accepted – syllabus of class/course/conference agenda/receipt
- All submissions of ongoing education must be dated within the past three years.
- US High School diploma or equivalent from your country.
* Please submit documents as a Word doc or pdf. Do not submit .pages
Once you complete these steps and receive your final approval, you will be provided with information to proceed with the CACHE steps.